Tutorials

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Saturday's Quilt Class

I enjoyed it.  I already knew some of it but such is life.  I do know how to cross hatch BUT what I did learn was how to start it from scratch when you are not working with squares!  That 45 degree angle on our rulers does have a purpose :)

Now the drawback to the class?  The free motion part.  Well, as mentioned earlier, my feet are not interchangable and the Viking store doesn't open until 10.  I did what I could while my machine would let me.  **NOTE:  they have lots of room so if  a person needed to take 2 machines they could.  I think I will get into free motion.  First I have to fix the tension issue on my new machine (dumb me did it again!)  Then it's off to the races to see what I can achieve. 

I am building a nice little pile of things on the couch that need to be done but for this, that or another reason I have not touched it ;)  Excuses come easy when there is a good book in the house.

No, I did not get the insulbrite so off to HL I go on Wednesday so I can finish my pothotlders that evening while Wes is off to pool. 

Quilting Class Alert:  They are having a "quilt as you go" session on November 5.  I don't know the cost yet but am going.  Sounds like we will do a project:  perhaps something called Fun and Done or maybe that is what she is calling the class!  Will be there regardless and hope I can rope some friends into it as well, cost depending :)

Should I ever get back to completing projects (or take a couple pics of Saturday's work) I will have some new pics soon. 

Until then......

2 comments:

  1. Sounds good. November 5th? Hmm. find out more information and I might go also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waiting for the email with the details :) You will be the first to hear!

    ReplyDelete