Tutorials

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Progress being made

Just a couple of those things from my to do list.  First are the potholders.  I really love these but am wondering about the sanity of using WHITE!  The second is the mittens wallhanging.  The binding is not sewn on but I used a new product tonight.  It is fusible thread. When I first learned about it, the person was using it to secure the binding for hand sticthing.  I don't know how to hand stitch but now the binding is secured for machine stitching :)


check back here for edits as I complete projects from my list!

**edited 8/17/11

Well the mittens wallhanging is done!  Not happy with the binding stitching.  I used a snowflake design but it didn't feed the way I wanted (what's new?)  Anyway, here it is

You can kinda see the attempt of the pattern.  You can definitely see that I can't sew straight!

Here are a couple baby quilt books I did.  They aren't finished either (seems to be a pattern) but that's ok.  They were fun and quick.



And last, but not least, are two runners:  The red bordered one I just love.  Few mistakes in it.  The navy bordered one I like but lots of mistakes.  Oh well, the more I look at it the less I care.  That's good right?  It is pretty.


2 comments:

  1. I think they turned out great. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are too critical on your table runners. I saw them in person and didn't think they looked as bad as you thought. Of course you saw all the mistakes but they weren't as noticeable until you pointed them out to me. :)

    I still love your books that you did/are working on. I have been tempted to try those since I saw the panels for that type of thing but wasn't sure. Still might be tempted to try one sometime.

    BTW, the next time you do your tshirt quilts, take pictures every step of the as a tutorial and post them here please. I need to do one.

    ReplyDelete